Welcome to the first step of your on-line training on Brussels IIa regulation. This will develop trough a theoretical and a practical stage:
A brief PRESENTATION of the main topics related to jurisdiction in divorce and parental responsibility as resulting by the presentations given by our trainers during the training events in 2016 and 2017.
- Legal Instruments on Child Abduction Cases.
- Custody and Child Abduction.
- Child’s Habitual Residence (Art. 8) particularly in cases of Abduction (Art. 10).
- Parental Child Abduction: Proceedings in the State of Refuge.
- Article 11 and Return Proceedings; Adequate Arrangements.
- Article 11 par. 6-8 and Return Proceedings.
- Return Procedure: Grounds for Non-Return; Article 11 (4); Lengths od Proceedings: Appeals.
You will then find 6 PILOT CASES, drawn from real cases decided by EU member States and presenting the most challenging situations (available in English and also Italian, Spanish, Croatian and Lithuanian).
Have a look and try to solve them by following the guided reasoning!