Welcome to the first step of your on-line training on Brussels IIa regulation. This will develop trough a theoretical and a practical stage:
A brief PRESENTATION of the main topics related to jurisdiction in divorce and parental responsibility as resulting by the presentations given by our trainers during the training events in 2016 and 2017.
- Brussels IIa Regulation Overview: Scope and Structure.
- Jurisdiction in Divorce Cases.
- Jurisdiction in Parental Responsibility Matters.
- Prorogation of Jurisdiction.
- Article 15 and Transfer of Proceedings.
You will then find 4 PILOT CASES, drawn from real cases decided by EU member States and presenting the most challenging situations (available in English and also Italian, Spanish, Croatian and Lithuanian).
Have a look and try to solve them by following the guided reasoning!